These pancakes are light and fluffy yet thick and incredibly moist. I had family over and everyone couldn’t stop raving about how good they were! I know this will be my go to pancake recipe from now on! You won’t know when to stop with these. They are dangerously delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted, plus more cold butter for griddle
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a non-stick electric griddle to 375 degrees. In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Make a large well in center of mixture and set aside.
- Place brown sugar in a small bowl and crumble with finger tips until no clumps remain. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla until well combined. Pour into well in dry mixture and whisk just until combined (batter should be slightly lumpy, don’t over-mix). Let batter rest 3 minutes.
- Butter griddle then pour batter about 1/3 cup at a time onto griddle. Spread pancakes outward just slightly with bottom of measuring cup. Cook until golden brown on bottom then flip and cook opposite side until golden. Repeat process until all of the batter has been used. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.