Are you ready for the best fall doughnut ever? I hope you are cause I have the doughnut for you! 🙂 They are so incredibly moist and soft and they are loaded with delicious pumpkin flavor paired with the sweet flavor of cinnamon spice.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 18 doughnut wells (3 6-hole pans. I only have 2 so I had to bake the 3rd batch after the first two finished).
- In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger for 20 seconds, set aside. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined (break up clumps of brown sugar with fingertips as necessary. You don’t want any clumps). Add canola oil, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and using an electric hand mixer, blend until mixture is well blended. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix with electric mixer until well combined. Spoon or pipe batter into doughnut wells, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 13 – 16 minutes. Cool doughnuts slightly. Meanwhile in a large resealable bag shake together 1/3 cup sugar and 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon until well combined. Add one warm doughnut to bag at a time, seal and shake with sugar mixture to coat. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.