This easy to follow recipe makes the perfect homemade pancakes. These pancakes are light and fluffy, with just a hint of sweetness, but not too much that you can’t still drown them in delicious maple syrup!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Whisk 1 1/4 cups milk, 4 tablespoons of melted butter and 1 egg in a separate bowl; fold into the flour mixture until just combined (it’s OK if there are some lumps).
- Brush a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter and heat over medium-low heat. Add ¼ cupfuls of batter and cook until bubbly on top and golden on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 more minutes. (Makes 6 to 8 pancakes.)